Can I get a costs order?

Generally if you and your former partner are involved in a family law dispute you will both be required to pay your own legal costs. However this is not a blanket rule and in some cases you may be able to apply to the court for one party to pay the legal costs of the other party (known as party-party costs).

You can talk to your solicitor about options involving costs.