Gender Identity Dysphoria – for adults and children

We’d be happy to talk to you about how we can help you with issues regarding gender identity, both for adults and for children…

Examples of just some of the questions we can help you answer are:

  • What is a “special medical procedure” for a child?
  • Is the administration of hormones to a child a “special medical procedure”?
  • My child wishes to change their gender, what is the process?
  • My child believes they’re transgender, and I and my child’s doctor/s have agreed about an appropriate way to manage this, do I still need legal advice?
  • Is my child old enough to consent to medical procedure/s to change their gender?
  • Do we need to apply to the court for permission for our child to undergo a gender change procedure?
  • My child is gender diverse. Are their any legal issues I should be aware of?
  • I’m an intersex adult. Are there any legal issues that I should be aware of?
  • I’m a transgender adult. Are their any legal issues that I should be aware of?
  • I’m gender diverse and I want to obtain an amended birth certificate and/or passport showing my reassigned sex. What is the process?
  • How does my gender affect my relationship status?
  • We want to get married in Australia, and one or both of us are gender diverse. How do the current marriage laws in Australia apply to us?